Want To Be Happier in 2012?
I think we all could use a dose of ‘want to be happier’ this year! Here are 5 ways to get there:
1. Reach out — Relationships are vital to well-being and a good attitude. Try dropping an unexpected note to a good friend or spouse just to say, “I love you.”
2. Be thankful — We all have things we can be grateful for, from family and health we take for granted, or the little stuff like the car starting in the morning and having a comfortable place to sleep at night.
3. Live your passions — Even if you have an 8-hour grind, you can find ways to keep your interests and dreams alive.
4. Make do — We live in a culture obsessed with buying stuff … but stuff doesn’t make you happy, especially if you’re upset by your debt! Try cleaning out the closet — maybe you already have more than you remember.
5. Enjoy the simple pleasures — Is it corny to remember that “the best things in life are free”? Too bad — it’s good for your mental health! So remember to enjoy the sunshine and the sound of laughter …