Top 5 Things to Check Out at This Year’s Sweet Pea Festival
The annual Sweet Pea Festival is this weekend at Lindley Park in Bozeman. Events range for live music, arts & crafts, children's events, and lots of food possibilities. Here are the top 5 things we're looking forward to at this year's Sweet Pea Festival:
5) Sweet Pea Parade - Saturday at 10am in downtown Bozeman. This year's theme is National Park Service Centennial.
4) Adult Painting Workshop - Saturday & Sunday, 12:30p - 2:30p. In this free workshop taught by local contemporary impressionist oil painter, Loretta Domaszewski, adults (14+) will create their very own painting. Loretta encourages self-expression and provides step-bystep instruction. All materials will be provided. Sign up at 12 pm each day. (If more people sign up, spots will be decided by lottery drawing.)
3) Montana Shakespeare in the Parks - Friday at 4pm. One of Shakespeare’s most hilarious works, “The Comedy of Errors” is set in 1950’s New York — an urban cityscape ideal for getting lost. A plot driven by confusion and mistaken identity takes the audience on an uproarious, merry-go-round of an adventure!
2) Kameron Messmerr - Saturday & Sunday, 12:30pm. This Billings magician will entertain children as well as adults with his magic.
1) Asleep at the Wheel - Friday at 8pm. Based out of Austin, Texas, this country band holds 10 Grammy awards, 20 studio albums and 20 singles on the Billboard country charts with over 1.5 million records sold. Ray Bensen & Asleep at the Wheel rock!