Microsoft unveiled the next generation of their Xbox console yesterday. It’s going to be called Xbox One and it should be out in time for this year’s holiday season. Here’s what you need to know . . .
1. This new console finally includes a Blu-ray player, plus you can hook your cable box to it and watch TV without switching inputs even if the internet connection goes out.
2. The Kinect sensor will be integrated into every Xbox One console. And the new sensor is supposedly so sensitive that it can read your heartbeat while you workout.
3. The Xbox One takes full advantage of cloud storage. All your game progress is stored online in the cloud . . . there’s a game DVR to record your gaming sessions . . . and you won’t have to wait to download any game patches or system updates anymore.
4. The new dashboard allows you to “snap” two apps to either side of the screen, which means you’ll be able to browse the web and watch a movie at the same time.
5. Xbox has also partnered with the NFL, so you can watch broadcasts with instantly updated fantasy stats, while taunting your friends on Skype at the same time.
6. Steven Spielberg is developing a live-action “Halo” TV series exclusively for Xbox.
7. Fifteen games will be released in the first year; eight will be new franchises. The largest of course, is“Call of Duty: Ghost”, and the downloadable content for the “Call of Duty” games will continue to hit Xbox One first. (Here is a new “Ghost” reveal trailer, plus trailers for the games “Quantum Break” and “Forza Motorsport 5“.)
8. One big drawback is that the Xbox One hardware is NOT backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games. That sucks if you’ve built up a big game library since none of your 360 games will work on this new console.
9. Once you buy a game it’s tied to your account by an activation code. This will restrict your ability to share discs with your friends, but you’ll eventually be able to trade your games in online.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to XL Country 100.7
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://xlcountry.com using your original account information.