St. Jude Named the #1 Pediatric Hospital in the Country
Here's another reason we choose to support this great hospital and why you should feel good about becoming "Partners in Hope" during our annual XL Country St. Jude Radiothons.
U.S. News & World Report has just named St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital as the No. 1 pediatric cancer hospital in the United States. The publication compared nearly 5,000 medical centers nationwide in 25 specialties, procedures and conditions.
St. Jude earned an overall score of 100 out of 100 possible. It also earned excellent ratings for:
- 5-year cancer survival
- Ability to prevent infections throughout the hospital and in the ICU
- Number of patients and new patients
- Number of surgeries
- Nurse staffing
- Bone marrow transplant services
- Advanced clinical services and clinical support services offered
- Availability of specialized clinics and programs available
- Availability of fulltime subspecialists
- Reputation with physicians in the specialty
- Commitment to best practices and quality improvement
- Adoption of health information technology
- Commitment to clinical research
- Help for families, enlisting families in structuring care, and providing advanced palliative care.
St, Jude Children's Research Hospital also has top survival rates for some of the most aggressive childhood cancers, including acute lymphoblastic leukemia and medulloblastoma. And they never send their patients a bill!
They are doing great work in helping to wipe out ALL childhood cancers. And thank you again XL Nation for your support of St. Jude. They are changing lives and you are helping them!