Scrapbook Scribbles 14 – Framing
Don’t most photos look more finished off and classy with a frame around them?
With scrapbooking, you have so many choices of ways to frame your photos. Here are a few ideas:
- Matting with cardstock, either with a single layer or several layers in different colors
- Mat with straight edges, scalloped edges, or a rough torn “distressed” edge
- Frame with a single mat and have simple or decorative photo corners
- There are pre-made laser cut decorative frames you can use too
- Use designer papers as a mat
- Use fibers as a frame around photos, either needle stitched, simply tied, or stitched with brads or eyelets
- Use vellum either behind photo or over edges for a soft frame
- Paper piece behind photo
- Make a frame out of scraps of paper or ribbon
- Paint a frame in the background with fast drying acrylic paint and then place photo on top
- Frame with geometric shapes around outside of picture
- Frame with small flowers
Think of different items and shapes you can use to accentuate your photos and make them feel special.
How many other ways can you think of or have you used?
Next time- Cards