National Cleaning Week — March 21-27
What really needs cleaning that you just don't want to clean it for some reason? What's the dirtiest street in town? 87% of Woman's Day readers will do some sort of spring cleaning this year. When asked, "What's your most hated household chore?"
- Cleaning the bathroom, 46%
- Dusting, 16%
- Mopping, 16%
- Taking out the trash, 7%
Idiot's Guide To Spring Cleaning
- Do: When you dust, start at the top and work down. Don't: Try to save time and money on feather dusters by hopping the neighbor's cat up on cat nip and using its tail.
- Do: Wash the walls from the bottom up to avoid streaking. Don't: Cut corners by filling up your super soaker with Windex.
- Do: Wash the knickknacks instead of dusting. Don't: Run the knickknacks in a load of laundry.
- Do: Open a box of backing soda to absorb odors in your refrigerator. Don't: Recklessly open gurgling Tupperware.