MSU Homecoming Week Events
It's Homecoming Week at Montana State University and XL Country is excited again to be a part of the fun. Look for Dave & Amy hosting the Bobcat Pep Rally on Friday in downtown Bozeman, and be sure to look for XL Country in the Homecoming Parade on Saturday morning.
Here's some highlights of this year's Homecoming Week activities:
Tuesday, Sept. 20:
- Residence hall decorating contest and MSU offices decorating contest. Judging will take place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- College of Letters and Science Awards. 2 p.m., Leigh Lounge.
Wednesday, Sept. 21
- Voting for Homecoming royalty begins at 7 a.m.
- Barbecue on the mall. 11 a.m-1 p.m., Centennial Mall.
- Dye Hard Bobcat Run. Fourth annual 5K. 6 p.m. Registration is required. Park and meet in MSU’s Huffine lot. More information is available here.
Thursday, Sept. 22:
- Voting for Homecoming royalty ends at 7 p.m.
- GO CATS lighting. 9-10 p.m., outside North Hedges.
- Party at the Pit Bonfire. 9:30-11 p.m., SB parking lot behind the Fieldhouse.
- Norm Asbjornson Hall groundbreaking ceremony. 3 p.m. Corner of Grant and 7th Street. Free and open to the public. More information is available here.
Friday, Sept. 23: (Blue and Gold Friday)
- College of Nursing awards. 8 a.m., Leigh Lounge.
- College of Agriculture awards and reception. 8:30 a.m., room 231 of Linfield Hall.
- College of Education, Health and Human Development awards. 11 a.m., SUB Ballroom A.
- College of Arts and Architecture awards. 11 a.m.,
- Procrastinator Theatre.
- College of Engineering awards. 2 p.m.,SUB Ballroom A.
- Honors College awards. 3 p.m.,
- Procrastinator Theatre.
- Bobcat Brewfest featuring 25 local, regional and national breweries. 4:30 p.m., intersection of Main Street and Willson Avenue.
- Pep rally. 6:00 p.m., downtown Bozeman, Main Street.
- Banner decorating contest and outdoor movie. 5-11 p.m. Romney oval.
- Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Social. 5:30 p.m. Element hotel, downtown Bozeman. Alumni are invited to re-engage their Greek ties to MSU with fellow fraternity and sorority alumni. RSVPs should be made here.
- Young alumni headquarters. 6 p.m., Rocking ‘R Bar.
- All Alumni Social. 7 p.m. Element hotel, downtown Bozeman. Alumni are invited to reconnect with fellow MSU alumni following the Homecoming pep rally. No RSVPs are required. More information is available here.
- Lighting of the M. 7:30 p.m., the M trail.
Saturday, Sept. 24:
- Homecoming parade. 10 a.m. Main Street, downtown Bozeman.
- Future ‘Cats Homecoming Parade Float. 10 a.m., Main Street, downtown Bozeman.
Homecoming tailgate. 11:30 a.m., Kagy practice fields. A no-host bar will be available. No RSVPs are required. More information is available here.
Sonny Holland Bronze Unveiling. Noon.
- MSU football versus North Dakota. Kickoff is at 2:05 p.m. at Bobcat Stadium. For tickets, call 994-CATS. Royal coronation is at halftime.
- MSU volleyball versus Eastern Washington. 7:30 p.m., Shroyer Gym. For tickets, call 994-CATS.
A complete schedule of Homecoming events related to the MSU Alumni Foundation is available here.