Is Montana Getting Crowded After Reaching 1 Million People? [POLL]
It's not called the 'last best place for nothing' and it's only a matter of time until the rest of the country figures that out. I'm sure all of you living in Montana feel lucky as well as I do. Each of my friends that has moved away is vying for the chance to move back to the Treasure State.
Here are some facts about our 1 million populous region
- We became a state on November 8th 1889
- We are the fourth largest state at 147,000 square miles
- We are only more densely populated than two states
- We have the largest migrating elk heard in the nation - and our elk, deer, and antelopes outnumber people!
- Our Yogo Saphire is the only North American gem to be included in the Crown Jewels of England
- Our state bird is the western meadowlark
- In 1888, Helena had more millionaires per capita than any other city in the world
- 46 of our 56 counties have fewer than 6 people per square mile - guess we still aren't too crowded
- We have the most species of mammals than any other state
- Our state flower is the bitterroot
- We have seven Indian Reservations
- The first inhabitants of Montana were the Plains Indians