If Fortune Cookies Were Only Real Fortunes
My wife Lori and I went to eat at THE WOK recently. We eat there often. Love the place. I do have one gripe about what folks call fortune cookies though. And that is they really aren’t fortune cookies. I call them ADVICE COOKIES! I don’t think I’ve ever gotten a cookie with a real fortune inside! Anyway, here’s why I think the way I do about them:
Some of these I found while surfing the ‘inter-web’, some are actual ones that I have received in my cookie.
- “You will find a bushel of money.”
- “Your smile will tell you what makes you feel good.”
- “You are going to have some new clothes.”
- “Your family is young, gifted and attractive.”
- “There is a true and sincere friendship between you both.”
- “The night life is for you.”
- “Face facts with dignity.”
- “You are magnetic in your bearing.”
- “You are free to invent your life.”
- “Good sense is the master of human life.”
- “Maybe someday we will live on the moon!”
- “Don’t panic.”
- “If you don’t have time to live your life now, when will you?”
- “Ignorance never settles a question.”
- “The best year-round temperature is a warm heart and a cool head.”
- “Avert misunderstanding by calm, poise, and balance.”
- “Simplicity and clarity should be your theme in dress.”
- “You have a potential urge and the ability for accomplishment.”
- “Do you believe? Endurance and persistence will be rewarded.”
- “Good Luck bestows upon you. You will get what your heart desires.”
- “Pat yourself on the back for creating an opportunity.”
- “It could be better, but it’s good enough.”
- “You will find a thing. It may be important.”
- “The calling that has sounded will not be the lasting call.”
- “In youth and beauty, wisdom is rare.”
Superstitions surrounding fortune cookies:
- The cookie must be eaten for the fortune to come true.
- The fortune must be read before any of the cookie is consumed or it won’t come true.
- The fortune must be read aloud to come true.
- The cookie must be chosen with your eyes closed.