How To Keep Your New Year Resolution
So did you actually make a resolution...or 4? Not me. I tried YEARS ago, but always forget about them in time. However, if you really want to keep yours, here's how:New Year's resolutions are easier to make than to keep -- but you can increase your chances of success by following these tips from experts.
- Choose an obtainable goal. Resolving to look like a fashion model isn't realistic for most people, but a goal of exercising daily is quite possible to achieve, said fitness expert Lynn Bode.
- Don't choose a resolution that you've been unsuccessful at year after year. You're likely to fail.
- Ask friends and family members to help you with your resolution so you have someone to be accountable for.
- Be specific. "Vague goals are impossible to achieve," said Stephen Willis, a specialist in stress management.
- Limit the number of resolutions. One is best. Never choose more than three.
- If you fail to keep your resolution, dust yourself off and start all over again.