Help Us ‘Can the Griz’ Again in 2015
It's that time of year again! Let's 'Can the Griz' for the 14th time in the last 15yrs! This year marks the 16th annual Can the Griz Food Drive, an off-field competition between Montana State University and the University of Montana to see which community can collect the most donations for their local food banks. We have won every time but once. So help us continue the tradition of winning this year!
This friendly competition takes place on Saturday, November 7th through Saturday, November 21st at the Bobcat/Griz game, and ends at half-time. Last year the Gallatin Valley donated over 171,000 pounds of food plus nearly $75,000 in money to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank during Can the Grizz. Let's try to do even better this year!
Here's How You Can Help:
- Donate food at any grocery store in Bozeman & Belgrade when you go in to do your grocery shopping
- Donate money by texting CAN to 444999, or online by Clicking Here. You can also call 406.586.7600.
- Volunteer. Lots of help is needed for us to Can the Griz! Click Here in you're interested in volunteering.
- Buy specially marked products of Lehrkinds Coca-Cola and Lehrkinds will donate .50 cents to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank & Can the Griz.
More Places to Can the Griz
- 100.7 XL Country will hold a Can the Griz Food Drive on Nov 13th. XL Country will be broadcasting for 12hrs (6a to 6p) from Smith's on 19th Street in Bozeman. You can drop off food and donations during the live broadcast.
- 96.7 Kiss FM will be broadcasting live and collecting food at:
- Town & Country, MSU Campus, Nov 10th 3p - 7p
- Town & Country, Belgrade, Nov 13th 3p - 7p
- Town & Country, 19th St, Bozeman, Nov 19th 3p - 7p
- Look for 95.1 The Moose 'Cussin for Cans' jars at various Bozeman downtown bars. Bad words will cost you during Can the Griz, but it's fun and for a great cause!
Want to be a 'Can the Griz' Donation Drop Off Location? Click Here to sign up.
Let's beat the Griz this year on the football field and in the community! Please help us Can the Griz, Nov 7 - 21.