Do’s And Don’ts Of Wearing Jeans
I hate to say it, but fall is just around the corner, and it’s almost jeans season. I found this list in Glamour magazine, do you agree with it? Do you have “jeans rules,” what are they?
- DO know that a little distressing goes a long way: When in doubt go for jeans that look like they’ve been in your closet for 5 years . . . not 20.
- DO cuff your jeans: More so when you’re wearing flats or sandals, less so when you’re wearing heels!
- DON’T overdo it in the pocket department: That goes for cargo jeans and embroidered jeans in addition to accessories!
- DO know that guys love jeans that show off your figure: Especially when you wear them with cute boots or heels.
- DO give colored denim a try: Just temper the brightness with more classic pieces.
- DON’T pair over-the-top denim with over-the-top accessories: You just don’t need to worry about that much stuff.
- DO dress up your denim: With party heels, fashion-y bags and ladylike tops – it’s a simple recipe for chic.
- DO balance volume: Tight jeans look great with blousy tops while slouchy jeans look great with fitted ones.
- DO keep it simple: When your denim isn’t fussy, you can go bold on top. Love the pops of red!
- DON’T do the Renaissance jeans thing: Corset lace-ups? Sexy on a bustier top — less so on jeans.