Bozeman Christmas Stroll is Saturday
Christmas lights go up in downtown Bozeman this week and that means it's time for the annual Bozeman Christmas Stroll. The 35th annual Christmas Stroll in Historic Downtown Bozeman is this Saturday from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
This year's Holiday tradition will include fun activities like:
- hay wagon rides
- great food
- pictures with Santa Claus
- gingerbread house contest display
- Christmas carols
- Christmas gift shopping
Below is a general schedule of Downtown Stroll activities
- Daytime “Stroll” activities include: Bozeman School Foundation’s “Santa Run,” Gingerbread House making at the Emerson Center for the Arts & Culture and live performances at the Bozeman Public Library (times vary, check individual websites for specific information)
- *4:00 PM - A ONE-WAY Hay Wagon Ride from the Bozeman Public Library to Rouse and Main Street.
- 4:00 to 7:30 PM - Sweet Pea Festival hosts the 2015 Gingerbread House Contest entries and winners at the Jacob’s Crossing Lobby at 424 East Main Street.
- 4:30 PM - The Christmas Stroll Parade begins at the Emerson Center with the lighting of the tree on their north lawn. Then, Missy O’Malley “the 2015 Master of Ceremonies” leads the lighting ceremony down Main Street from Grand Avenue to Rouse Avenue along with the help of the Bozeman Symphonic Choir and the holiday spirit from the Bozeman Community.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Main Street is filled with over 30 food vendors raising money for local non-profits organizations, live music, carolers and other festive activities.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM – Main Street is also filled with various event sponsor booths who are providing an array of holiday cheer! Stop by; Williams Plumbing, and Dr. Brian Chisdak M.D., D.M.D. to say “thanks” for supporting Bozeman’s most beloved holiday tradition, The Christmas Stroll.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Downtown Businesses feature live music, free cocoa and cookies, and holiday fun of all sorts.
- 4:30 to 7:30 PM - Visit Bridger Bowl located at South Bozeman Avenue to view ski films on a Big Inflatable Screen and to learn about what's new and what's planned for this year's ski season!
- *5:00 to 7:30 PM Round-trip Hay Wagon Rides at Soroptimist Park (corner of Main and Rouse) along with complimentary “Hot Dr. Pepper” drinks provided by Lehrkind’s Coca Cola.
- *5:00 to 7:30 PM Santa Pictures by Muhlbradt Photography at the Baxter Hotel located at 105 West Main Street. Get one FREE picture through F-11 Photography
- *5:00 – 7:30PM Bozeman’s Symphonic Choir performs traditional Holiday Carols in the Baxter Ballroom while Ted’s Montana Grill and the Motion Athletics Blaze All-Star Cheerleaders help kid’s create holiday ornaments while waiting for the moment with Santa.
*Denotes activities that require a 2015 Stroll Button for ONLY $4!
The Christmas Stroll is a free community event that is 100% supported by our business sponsors and the sales of our timeless button souvenirs. You can support this great event by purchasing a $4 Stroll button, which is not only your ticket to enjoy many of the great activities including the Santa pictures at the Baxter Hotel, the hay wagon rides form Soroptimist Park, kid’s activities throughout the day at the Emerson Cultural Center and more, it also allows us to put on this great event every year without requiring an entry fee to enjoy the event.
Buttons are NOW available for purchase at the following locations:
- Owenhouse Ace Hardware
- First Security Bank
- Chalet Sports
- Schnee’s Boots and Shoes
- The Emerson Cultural Center
- The Bozeman Public Library
- Montana Gift Corral
- Bozeman Chamber of Commerce
- Country Bookshelf
- Townshend’s Teahouse
- ERA Landmark/Downtown Visitor Center
- Heeb’s Grocery
- Community Food Coop Downtown
- Smith’s Supermarket
When you purchase your Stroll button, fill out a ballot for a chance to win one of 20 great prizes including; Bridger Bowl Passes, Downtown Dollars, 3-day passes to the 2016 Sweet Pea Festival, passes to the Museum of the Rockies. The winners will be contacted the week following the event!
The Hay Wagon rides are a wonderful Christmas Stroll Tradition and (as indicated above) will be leaving from 2 “stops” located at Soroptimist Park and The Bozeman Public Library throughout the evening. An additional thanks to all of our 2015 Hay Wagon Sponsors; First Security Bank, The Bozeman Public Library Foundation, First Interstate Bank, William’s Plumbing, House of Clean, Brian Chisdak M.D., D.M.D., Bozeman School Foundation’s “Santa Run”, Sweet Pea Festival, Sigma Nu Fraternity and Signs of Montana for providing this spirited activity!
For a list of ALL 2015 Stroll activities and times check out the “Official 2015 Christmas Stroll Program”, printed by and inserted into the Bozeman Daily Chronicle on Friday, December 4 and available electronically at www.dailychronicle.com and at www.downtownbozeman.org.
For more information about the 2015 Christmas Stroll, contact The Downtown Bozeman Association at 586-4008 or visit www.downtownbozeman.org.