Black Friday – Your Guide To National Chains And Local Stores
Love it or leave it, it looks like it’s here to stay! I never used to take part in Black Friday, but when I am in Wyoming with my family, we have a blast together shopping for deals after the kids have gone to bed.
I haven’t seen any of the pushing, fighting, stabbing or trampling that sometimes goes along with Black Friday…I’m not that serious about it.
If you’re thinking of venturing out, here’s what you need to know.
The retailer will open its doors to those willing to forage for deals at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night.
In addition, customers hanging out in the store between 10 p.m. and 11 p.m. will get to take part in a special one-hour event allowing them the following deals: an Wi-Fi-enabled Apple iPad 2 for $399 (with a $74 Wal-Mart gift card); an Emerson 32-inch LCD TV for $148; and an LG Blu-ray player for $38.
Representatives from Walmart say they have “bought very deep,” stocking their inventory to meet customer demand. “We know it’s frustrating for customers to shop on Black Friday and not get the items they want,” said Duncan MacNaughton, chief merchandising and marketing officer at Walmart’s U.S. division. The company plans to offer “guarantee cards” to customers in stores between 10 and 11 Thanksgiving night who desire an item that is sold out, provided they pay for it that night.
Wal-Mart hopes to further combat the competition this holiday season starting with the sale on Thanksgiving and another one beginning at 5 a.m. on Friday.
- Sears is joining the likes of Wal-Mart and opening their doors at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving day.
- Gap plans to open around 1,100 stores on Thanksgiving day with another 1,500 scheduled to open at midnight on Black Friday.
- Best Buy is not getting too overzealous this year. The store plans to open at midnight.
- Macy’s is scheduled to open at midnight on Black Friday.
- Target is rumored to be opening at 9 p.m. Thanksgiving night.
- Staples is taking Thanksgiving off. The store plans to open at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
- Toys R Us plans to open as early as legally allowed on Thanksgiving, with most stores opening at 8 p.m.