Bats Are Awesome, Don’t Vant To Suck Your Blood
When most of us think of bats, we think of scary creatures in the night. And they are. But bats are also very helpful and important to our ecosystem.
- 1/5 of our mammal species are made up of bats (about 1,000 different species).
- They are the only mammal that flies.
- They range from tiny bumblebee size, to pretty big with a 6-foot wingspan.
- Bats pollinate avocadoes, cashews, peaches, tequila, and the also help spread seeds.
- To over-simplify, they use ultrasound waves to fly at night.
- Contrary to popular belief, bats are not actually blind.
Bats can be found all over the world, and in many of our national parks. Read more about the awesomeness of bats.