7 Layer Bean Dip for Your Super Bowl Party [RECIPE]
One of my favorite game day snacks is my mother's famous 7 layer bean dip. It is really easy to make, and is sure to be a hit at your party.
Here's what you'll need:
3 ripe avocados peeled & cored
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 package taco seasoning
2 (8 oz) cans refried beans
2 tomatoes (chopped)
1 bundle green onions (chopped)
1 can sliced black olives
1 package shredded Mexican cheese
- Mix avocados, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and taco seasoning mix.
- Layer ingredients as follows.
- Bottom layer: Bean Dip.
- Second layer: Avocado mixture.
- Third layer: Sour cream mixture.
- Fourth layer: Tomatoes.
- Fifth layer: Onions.
- Sixth layer: Olives.
- Seventh layer: Cheese (I like to use Colby Jack cheese).
- Top with extra sour cream/olives/salsa, etc. if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- **This seems to be a little bit better if you can chill it for a few hours or over night to let the flavors intensify**.