12th Man Instructions And Other Info You Need From MSU
The crowd made a huge difference in the game last weekend.
If you’re going to the game, here’s what you need to know!
1. Yell DEFENSE as soon as the opposing team breaks the huddle or lines up. Scream and holler when the other team is trying to talk and call their plays.
2. Open up your mouth and let out long Whoooos! Whooos can actually be easier on the throat than chanting DEFENSE. Chanting DEFENSE can really get the people around you into it though. The more people chanting DEFENSE and yelling means the louder it is and the more chance that the opposing team will mess up.
3. When the opposing team lines up to hike the ball and the quarterback is calling out the play, yell with all your might! Yell on 1st down, 2nd down, and especially for 3rd down with those hands up!
4. DO NOT yell and chant when your team has the ball and is hiking the ball. Yell after they make a touchdown or a great play, but yelling before or during can only hurt your team and cause them not to hear the plays.
GET IN YOUR SEATS EARLY! We’re expecting a sellout crowd for the game so to avoid lines, PLEASE enter Bobcat Stadium as early as possible! In addition, ESPN2 has asked for fans to fill the stadium early so they can take some crowd shots before kick-off. Please be aware that our ticket scanners will be working as efficiently as possible to get you inside the stadium, we ask that you please be patient as they work to do so.
PARKING/TRAFFIC! Due the game taking place on a school day, as well as other events taking place on campus, parking will be more limited than regular Saturday football games. Please note the following:
- There will be limited parking in the North Fieldhouse lot due to an event in Gaines Hall. The lot will become exit only at 3 p.m.
- The Pay Lot across from the SUB will be closed at 5 p.m. due to an event in the SUB.
- The F Lot (gravel lot south of Brick Breeden) will close for general entry at noon and will be exit only to prepare for those that park/tailgate in that lot for games.
- Kagy Blvd. (between Willson and 11th Avenue) will close at 2 p.m.
- THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING ALONG KAGY BETWEEN 11TH AND 19TH. POLICE WILL BE MONITORING THIS SITUATION AND CARS WILL BE TOWED IMMEDIATELY AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE. PARKING ALONG KAGY CREATES ISSUES FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLE ACCESS, AS WELL AS THE EGRESS TRAFFIC PLAN FOLLOWING THE GAME.
SIGNS! If you make a poster to bring into Bobcat Stadium, please do not attach it to a stick or post in order to hold it up during the game. Signs on sticks will be confiscated upon entry to the stadium. Any signs with derogatory messaging will be confiscated and the individual may be removed from the stadium.
TICKETS/WILL CALL! If you asked to pick your tickets up at Will Call, it will open at Bobcat Stadium at 3 p.m. on Friday. You may also go to the Bobcat Ticket Office at Brick Breeden beginning at 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Pick up your tickets early to avoid lines!
Don’t forget, MSU Bobcat Football’s FB page is trying to get to 18,000 fans, so click through here and then click ‘like.’